The Reality…The Response…The Reward!!!
Sermon Series: Forward to the Ancient
Bridgepoint Church at Toco Hills—Pastor Tez Andrews
Sunday Morning, March 18, 2018
And suddenly there came from heaven a noise like a violent rushing wind, and it filled the whole (Acts 2:2). And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance (Acts 2:4). Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them, “Rulers and elders of the people (Acts 4:8) And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak the word of God with boldness.
- And They were Filled with the Holy Spirit
- I Need a Fresh Anointing of the Holy Spirit
- Background: Reality of Adversity (Acts 4:1-23)
- Text: Acts 4:23-31
- How do You Get the Reward? (Acts 4:23-30)
- Prayer with Other Believers
Added Power Greater Glory to God
(Matthew 18:15,19) (2 Corinthians 1:11)
Added Joy More Fruit
(2 Corinthians 1:24) (Romans 15:30-32)
So God will Answer (James 5:14-16)
- Prayer Acknowledging Who God is
- Prayer of Petitions (Specific Needs)
III. What is the Reward? (Acts 4:31)
THE HOLY SPIRIT!!!
(John 16:5-15; Luke 1:35; 1 Corinthians 2:10-12;
1 John 4:4; Titus 3:5; Romans 8:36; 2 Peter 1:21)
- Conclusion: Who has a Need? Lift up Your Voice to God… He will Give You the Holy Spirit. But, You Can’t Receive the Holy Spirit Unless You Surrender to Jesus.